What Is Recount Text? (Apa Itu Teks Recount?)


RECOUNT TEXT


Ø  A recount is a kind of texts that retells past events. The purposes of recount text are entertaining and informing the reader. (Teks recount adalah jenis teks yang menceritakan kegiatan yang terjadi pada masa lampau. Tujuan dari teks recount untuk menghibur dan memberikan informasi kepada pembaca)

Ø  The text structure of a recount:
·         Orientation: provides the setting and introduces the participants, the place the time of the event (Bagian orientation terdapat latar belakang cerita dan pengenalan tokoh, tempat dan waktu kejadian)
·         Event: tells what happened and what in a sequence. (Bagian event menceritakan apa yan terjadi sesuai dengan urutan kronologis)
·         Reorientation: closes the story. In closing, the writer can give opinion about the event. (Bagian orientation adalah bagian penutup dari cerita. Di penutup, penulis dapat memberikan pendapat tentang kejadian tersebut)

Ø  Recounts usually:
·         Focus on specific participants, (fokus kepada tokoh tertentu)
·         Use of material processes (action verb), (menggunakan action verb)
·         Use adverb of time and place such last month, last holiday, Malang, etc. (menggunakan kata keterangan tempat dan waktu seperti bulan lalu, liburan yang lalu, Malang, dll)
·         Use of  past tense (V2) (menggunakan kalimat past tense (lampau) seperti visitied, went, got up, dll)
·         Use of conjunction (menggunakan konjungsi seperti before, after, then, dll)

Ø  Supporting features:
·         Past continuous tense
·         Past tense


Example (Contoh)

Holiday in Lembah Pelangi Waterfall

Last holiday, my beloved wife and I visited Lembah Pelangi Waterfall in Ngarip District, Tanggamus Regency, Lampung Province, Indonesia. It was the first time for me to visit such a wonderful waterfall.
To reach the waterfall location, we should go on foot after having arounf three hours trip riding a motorcycle from Bandar Lampung, the capital city of Lampung. When we arrived there, I was amazed by the beautiful scenery of the waterfall. The air was so fresh at that time and I could not bear to jump into the water immediately. It is quite windy there and all I could see only green, green, and green. Hearing the sound of falling water while we were swimming made me feel peaceful and relaxing.
Finally, the day was getting dark and it was time for us to go home. It was such an unforgettable experience for me. I really enjoyed it. (adopted from FOKUS)

Explanation:
It is a recount text that tells about his holiday in Lembah Pelangi Waterfall. The purpose is to entertain or to inform the reader about Lembah Pelangi Waterfall. (Teks tersebut adalah recount teks yang menceritakan liburannya in Air Terjun Lembah Pelangi. Tujuan adalah untuk menghibur pembaca atau memberikan informasi tentang Air Terjun Lembah Pelangi)
The characteristics of the text:
·         Use simple past tense: visited, to be ‘was’, should, arrived, etc. (Menggunakan simple past tense seperti visited, to be ‘was’, should, arrived, dll)
·         Use Adverbial time and place: last holiday, Lembah Pelangi Waterfall, Ngarip District, etc. (Menggunakan kata keterangan waktu dan tempat)
Structure of the text:
Orientaion:
Last holiday, my beloved wife and I visited Lembah Pelangi Waterfall in Ngarip District, Tanggamus Regency, Lampung Province, Indonesia. It was the first time for me to visit such a wonderful waterfall.

Event:
To reach the waterfall location, we should go on foot after having arounf three hours trip riding a motorcycle from Bandar Lampung, the capital city of Lampung. When we arrived there, I was amazed by the beautiful scenery of the waterfall. The air was so fresh at that time and I could not bear to jump into the water immediately. It is quite windy there and all I could see only green, green, and green. Hearing the sound of falling water while we were swimming made me feel peaceful and relaxing.

Reorientation:
Finally, the day was getting dark and it was time for us to go home. It was such an unforgettable experience for me. I really enjoyed it.

That’s all the explanation of recount text and now I want to give a challenge to make recount text based on your experience. Have a nice writing! (Itu adalah penjelasan tentang teks recount dan sekarang saya ingin memberikan kamu tantangan untuk membuat teks recount berdasarkan pengalamanmu sendiri. Selamat menulis)

"Please make a recount text based on your experience and I’ll check it"
(Tolong buat teks recount berdasarkan pengalamanmu sendiri dan saya akan mengeceknya)

Comments

  1. My experience
    the experience I'm going to tell is how or what I did at home because of the corona virus. this experience is a unique experience for me, why ?? because I feel happy to be able to gather with my family at home and I also feel afraid because there is this dangerous virus that threatens human life and doesn't look at age. in social media many teenagers complain about the many assignments given to students, and I sometimes also complain about this, I can't go out, play with friends, all I do is stay at home, sleep, lie down, play phone, and doing the work that piled up, and it all made me complain. I pray that the virus will disappear from my earth and I want to thank the nurses who have fought for us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it should be your experience in the past. That's why you use present tense in some sentences because you're still experiencing the moments.
      If you change to be past tense, some verbs will be 'was' for 'to be', 'felt' for 'feel', 'didn't' for 'doesn't', etc.

      Delete
  2. At that time, the school holiday has come.
    My family and I planned to go to
    grandmother's house, but the plan was
    canceled because my cousin wanted to
    Visit our home.At first, I thought vacation at home would
    be very boring. but it wasn't. There were
    many activities we could do to spend our
    time during holiday.The first day of vacation was very boring.
    Then, my mother invited us to help her to
    clean the house. I cleaned my bedroom,
    and I fournd a lot of my favorite stuff thatl
    thought were gone.The second day of vacation, my father
    invited us to paint the house, starting fromn
    interior to exterior, including the fence. My
    father allowed me to paint my bedroom by
    myself, I was very happy because I could
    decorate the bedroom with my favorite
    colors. I changed the color of my bedroom
    from blue to pink combined with white.
    We spent 3 days to repaint the home
    interior and exterior. It was a tiring activity,
    but it was exciting as well. In the fifth day
    of vacation, we didn't do many activities.
    We only watched Tv. played some games
    and occasionaly helped my mother to
    cook and wash the dishes in the kitchen.In the sixth day of vacation, my cousin and
    Icycled around house. Because it was so
    fun, we didn't notice that it was already
    5:30 pm. And then, we decided to back
    home and took a shower. At night, my
    cousin and I spent the time by watching TV
    and telling stories about life in our school.The last day of vacation, we didn't do
    many activities. We prepared the stuff for
    the first day school, then drove my cousin
    to the railway station in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NUR ISNAINI 8A

    At that time, the school holiday has come.
    My family and I planned to go to
    grandmother's house, but the plan was
    canceled because my cousin wanted to
    Visit our home.At first, I thought vacation at home would
    be very boring. but it wasn't. There were
    many activities we could do to spend our
    time during holiday.The first day of vacation was very boring.
    Then, my mother invited us to help her to
    clean the house. I cleaned my bedroom,
    and I fournd a lot of my favorite stuff thatl
    thought were gone.The second day of vacation, my father
    invited us to paint the house, starting fromn
    interior to exterior, including the fence. My
    father allowed me to paint my bedroom by
    myself, I was very happy because I could
    decorate the bedroom with my favorite
    colors. I changed the color of my bedroom
    from blue to pink combined with white.
    We spent 3 days to repaint the homne
    interior and exterior. It was a tiring activity.
    but it was exciting as well. In the fifth day
    of vacation, we didn't do many activities.
    We only watched Iv, played some gamees
    and occasionally helped my mother to
    cook and wash the dishes in the kitchen.In the sixth day of vacation, my cousin and
    I cycled around house. Because it was so
    fun, we didn't notice that it was already
    5:30 pm. And then, we decided to back
    home and took a shower. At night, my
    cousin and I spent the time by watching TV
    and telling stories about life in our school.The last day of vacation, we didn't do
    many activities. We prepared the stuff for
    the first day school, then drove my cousin
    to the railway station in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nabila 8A

    On desember 30,2019,my friend and i departed from jakarta to yogyakarta to celebrate the new year's holiday.

    In the morning, we gathered at andi's, the we went together by riding motorcycle after taking time for approximately 12 hours, finally we arrived at 6 p. m we took a rest for a few minutes in coffee and shop and arderes some foods for dinner.

    after finished the dinner, we decided to hangout for a while in maliboro. there, we enjoyed some songs from street singer that made us didn't wan to to leave. unconsciously, it was al ready 3a, m, then we driver to rendy's rented house in janturan, umbul harjo. once there. we went to bed.

    in the next day, it was aroud 9a. m, we prepared our atuff to take to kukup beach tonight. i got a job to buy charcoal ,corns and also chikens for baking party in the beachside. after everything was ready, at 5 p, m we left for the kukup beach riding a motorcycle.

    after an hour tirp ,arrived at campground. withoud waiting for a long time,we set up small tents on the beachside. after the tents were ready, then we took a rest, enjoyed some coffee and played guitar. after that, we made a bonfire to bake corns and chickenstill midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riyanti 8A

    Last thursday was my dad off. I didn't go anywhere. I just stay at home for two weeks to did the same activities routinely . Over and over again . I felt that was the worst day I have ever passed.

    I woke up earlier and did subuh prayer after that, I had breakfast with my family in the morning, at 08.00 am. I turned on computer and played many games , not felt, it was 10.00 o'clock, I rushed to take a bath to freshen my body.

    Then, I watched my favorite TV programs until it almost midday, at 01.00 pm. I went to bathroom to ablution and immediately did zuhur prayer, then. I had lunch and halped my mother to clean the house.

    Although just a home holiday, at least to refresh my mind from the routine activities in the office

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, i went to mangrove with my sister. We took riding motor cycles there.it was Sunday. There are so many people who queuebly to buy tickets.we departed arround 13 pm,and got There arround 14 pm.we Saw the scanery and the photos of the photos three.after talking pictures we had eaten snacks There . The scanery There is a beautiful sengghu. After a lot of talking our photos came home. We went home arround 16 pm,tough exhausting but we got a lot of experience. Before getting to our house stop by the meat balls stall.it was a tiring blessing dam

      Delete
    2. Yesterday ,i went to mangrove with my sisters . We took riding motor cycles There . Itu was Sunday . There are so many people who queuebly to buy tickets. We departed arround 13 pm,and got There arround 14 pm. We Saw the scanery and the photos of the photos three. After talking pictures we had eaten snacks There.the scanery There is a beautiful sengghu.aftet a lot of talking our photos came home.we went home around 16 pm tough exhausting but we got a lot of experience.before getting to our house stop by the meat balls stall. Itu was a tiring blessing dam

      Delete
  6. Putri solehah 8 A

    The last semester vacation was an unexpected holiday. Because, I didn’t have any vacation schedule. But, my father gave me a surprise. I was very happy and excited to visit my uncle who had not met for two years.

    I prepared everything needed to go on vacation. After that, dad invited me to go to the terminal because we did left at 05.00 pm. The trip that must be taken to Panyabungan was around 13 hours. Along the way, I saw such an amazing view from the bus window.

    The next day, we arrived at 08.00 am. I didn’t expect them to gather to greet us.On the day, I had to take a rest for freshen my body.

    The second day there, I did taken by my uncle to go to the garden to harvest oranges. The location of garden was not far from Uncle’s house. Arriving there, I was happy to be able to pick oranges directly from the tree. The oranges that had been picked were sold and some were for souvenirs.

    The third day, I and uncle went to the river for take a bath.  I did amazed to see the water that was so clear. There, I found many people busy to washing and bathing.

    The holiday was over, I had to go back to Medan to continue the routine activities. While there, I got a lot of experience and visited family that I had never met before.

    Although it was a short vacation, it was a memorable holiday for me. I got a lot of experience there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Siti Nurwalida 8 A

    Last Wednesday, I was late for school. That’s because I played online games until 3:00 a.m.

    At 5:30 a.m., my mom tried to wake me up. But, I ignored mother’s words and continued to sleep again. Suddenly, I was jolted from my sleep and saw it was after 06:30. Without thinking, I took a towel and immediately ran towards the bathroom. I saw breakfast that had been served by my mother. But, I didn’t have time to have breakfast.

    Usually, I go to school with my mother. But, mother had gone to the office before I woke up. Finally, I went to school by public transportation.

    It showed at 06.49, the public transportation that I wanted arrived. The trip to school took about 8 minutes. Because it was busy, the streets began to jam and made my trip a longer time.

    I arrived at school at 7:10. While the class starts at 07.00. I ran to the classroom, but the teacher didn’t let me in because it was past schedule.

    Finally, I had to stand outside the classroom and lost one lesson. I was embarrassed and promised not to repeat it again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Siti Maisaro 8 D

    A Trip to Borobudur Temple

    Three years ago, I and my classmates visited Borobudur Temple. We went to Borobudur temple by bus. We left our school at nine o’clock. It took us 24 hours to arrive there. I arrived there nine o’clock the next day. Along the road, we saw many vehicles, unique houses, prominent buildings, and some other tourists.

    After we arrived at the Borobudur temple, one of my teachers went to buy tickets. After we waited him for a moment we entered into Borobudur temple area. Then we went up to the top of the temple. Borobudur temple was built at Budur Village, Magelang, Jawa Tengah by Syailendra Dynasty. Borobudur Temple is the biggest temple in the world. It has 504 statues and 1.400 reliefs. From the top of the temple we can see such beautiful scenery. I and my friends went around the temple together. Finally, after having some visits, we should go to the hotel to stay and continue our study tour the next day.

    We felt tired that day but we felt so happy to visit Borobudur temple which is well-known as one of the greatest legacies Indonesia has ever had. I hope the temple can be loved by all of the visitors and the government.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nabila 8A

    At the start of the new year 2020

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nabila 8A

    At the start of the new year 2020, i went with my family to yogyakarta, we take a vacation every 2 months.

    There we board the most sophisticated buses throughout indonesia, in it there are electronic devices that are very complete and i really like the bus.

    Several hours passed, finally we arrived in yogyakarta, after we got off the bus, we went straight to the apartment to book a room, finally we got a room that was so beautiful, there is a very large swimming pool, we immediatelly change clothes and immediately swim, the water is so refreshing.

    A few moments later the night arrived, we immediately change clothes and get ready to sleep, because tomorrow we will go home.

    The next day we are getting ready to go home, we are waiting for the bus at the bus station, shortly thereafter the bus came, we immediately boarded the bus and went straight home, we will not forget such a pleasant holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Apa itu SUBJUNCTIVE? (What is Subjunctive?)

THE ANT AND THE DOVE

CPNS 2019 - 2020 PEMBAHASAN DAN PENDALAMAN MATERI TES KARAKTERISTIK PRIBADI (TKP) BESERTA CONTOH 16 ASPEK